Solutions for the evolving needs of a web merchant
Merchants can easily connect to the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway which provides the complex infrastructure and security necessary to ensure fast, reliable and secure transmission of transaction data. Authorize.Net manages the routing of transactions just like a traditional credit card swipe machine you find in the physical retail world. However, Authorize.Net uses the Internet instead of a phone line.
How It Works - steps to a successful transaction
- The merchant submits a credit card transaction to the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway on behalf of a customer via secure Web site connection, retail store, MOTO center or wireless device.
- Authorize.Net receives the secure transaction information and passes it via a secure connection to the Merchant Bank's Processor.
- The Merchant Bank's Processor submits the transaction to the Credit Card Network (a system of financial entities that communicate to manage the processing, clearing and settlement of credit card transactions).
- The Credit Card Network routes the transaction to the Customer's Credit Card-Issuing Bank.
- The Customer's Credit Card-Issuing Bank approves or declines the transaction based on the customer's available funds and passes the transaction results back to the Credit Card Network.
- The Credit Card Network relays the transaction results to the Merchant Bank's Processor.
- The Merchant Bank's Processor relays the transaction results to Authorize.Net.
- Authorize.Net stores the transaction results and sends them to the customer and/or the merchant. This step completes the authorization process - all in about three seconds or less!
- The Customer's Credit Card-Issuing Bank sends the appropriate funds for the transaction to the Credit Card Network, which passes the funds to the Merchant's Bank. The bank then deposits the funds into the merchant's bank account. This step is known as the settlement process and, typically, the transaction funds are deposited into your primary bank account within two to four business days.
The amazing benefits and advantages
- Accept A Variety Of Payments.
- Manage Your Transactions.
- Prevent Fraud.
- In-House Risk Management.
- Receive Payments Quickly.
Superior Technical and Account Support